AnonymousLefty (In Exile)

The original AnonymousLefty site has now been returned and restored! Please update your links back to AnonymousLefty.Blogspot.Com!

Saturday, December 30, 2006

AnonymousLefty restored at old address!

Overnight Blogspot has gone and fixed the whole AnonymousLefty/BoltWatch hacking problem - by unceremoniously taking them from the hacker and giving them back to me. Restoring them wholesale, archives and all, in the process.

So we're moving back. (Please update your links, again.)

I'll copy the last few posts across, and it'll be like this whole thing never happened - apart from some residual irritation from people updating their links and changing them back, and a few comments no longer being properly associated with the relevant posts. (Sorry "TAL" - but I'm sure you can tell me I'm ugly back on the original site.)

What lesson have I learned from this whole mess?
  1. Blogspot is slow, but it gets there in the end;
  2. Passwords need to be changed regularly;
  3. The blogosphere can be very supportive at a time of trouble - and, when that trouble's your online identity being stolen, other bloggers are the difference between people knowing what's going on and people thinking you've just gone mad.

Anyway, thank you everyone for your support and I'll see you back at AnonymousLefty just as soon as I've finished writing this post!

It'll be good to be home.